View Single Post
      02-16-2023, 01:00 PM   #15
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
risk tolerance is a different discussions... i think it comes down to common sense.

You are on a 20 lb device vs people in 3-4k lb devices... if u get hit, no matter what u lose.

The real problem is that NO ONE pays attention and that won't change... driver or biker... however, the driver will always win due to sheer mass. I drive every day and see so many bikers not even looking both ways when crossing... its insane

But again, this is more of a competition of size on the road... one which ur always poised to lose.
Common sense would mean that everyone would drive tanks too with your logic. After all a semi truck is going to squash your 3 to 4k lb car. See how this logic can get out of hand. I know the risks with riding BOTH bicycles and motorcycles. Some will call me stupid for doing so. That's your opinion. Or put in another way with your logic, no one would ever cross a street with cars traveling on it. Pedestrians get hit all the time by cars. Or in the case of the recent incident in NYC, some deranged a$$hole intentionally plowed a UHaul through sidewalks to hit people. So are you advocating never walking on a sidewalk near cars too? After all there is that risk.

Common sense is relative and only common based on point of view. I do things to ensure I minimize my exposure as best that I can. It's not going to prevent every risk factor. There are things I enjoy doing and I'm not going to stop because of some fear something might happen. I'm not being reckless either. I've done nothing risky to increase my risk of cancer. Yet, I got hit with it twice. That there has taught me I have no control over many things no matter how much I try. If it's my time to go, it's going to be that time no matter what I do.
Appreciate 0