View Single Post
      06-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #21
750_ooomph
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW 730i

Quote:
Originally Posted by a burrito View Post
The magazine does praise the 7's performance. I don't know what all you guys are griping about? Maybe because half of you guys have one on order. Truth is, the group that chooses the 7 has performance on the top of their list while luxury is second best.

I too have driven all cars and sitting inside the A8L and the S550, I felt far more pampered in those two than the plain yet nice fitting BMW interior. This is 100k territory guys; and on a wheelbase and weight combination that exceeds any M3. This is no sports car nor a children's car. While i don't always agree with MT's reports, for the type of car a full size sedan is supposed to be it should have all the luxuries, performance (nowadays) smoothness, refinement, and looks a car of this class/price demands. They looked for the full package and obviously the 7 fell short but it was still the fastest of the group.
All 3 are luxury cars so luxury is standard. What's not standard is BMW handling/driver involvement. When you are looking for cars like these you want the one that balances luxury and handling. There is something special about BMW handling.
Appreciate 0