07-21-2014, 07:38 PM   #18
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
I wasn't making anywhere near $200k per night LOL. I got started working weddings, sweet 16's etc. I was 20 years old making $100.00 an hour with a four hour minimum. My first gig I had 1 turntable, two 10 inch speakers, and about 20 records LOL. A family member hired me for a small get together. I had no idea what I was doing but it gave me a feel of what it was like to get people on their feet. Eventually I scraped up some money and built up my music inventory and equipment. Before I knew it I had a full blown company. Smoke machines, lighting, dancers, etc. I was working every weekend raking in about $4k a month. To a 20 year old struggling to get through college that was great money. Not to mention that I also had a part time job during the day. Eventually I got a full time job in finance and I ended up selling my equipment. Till this day I wonder where I would be if I kept it up. I had a blast while it lasted!
Nice! Sounds like you really got into it back then! I've gotten the taste of rocking a crowd of roughly 500 people with my own music and they want me back.

That was one fun night!
Appreciate 0