10-19-2016, 01:32 PM   #58
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNM3
Congratulations to you both! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, you can make wedding planning fun I'm learning.

We just got engaged in August in Kauai and I paid a photographer to capture and had someone assist with the setup at sunset. One of my best decisions ever and glad we have the photos to remember.

Good call on Wrightsville and looks like you are at Roy's when on the river? I grew up in NC and graduated from UNCW so I know that area well.
Thank you so much! We are very excited.

And what a small world. I grew up in Raleigh all my life, and went to Wake Forest for my undergraduate. My family had a history of going to Edisto Island, SC when they were younger, so that's where they always took me and my sisters when we were young. I actually don't think I ever went to Wilmington and the surrounding beaches until I began dating my girlfriend since she has family over there.

We both absolutely love that part of the state. I could definitely see us settling down over there. Congratulations on your engagement! I'm sure that those came out beautiful. I thought about that as well with trying to pay a photographer. Except I wasn't even sure of the best location to do this, and as a result felt like the less moving parts the better. Since she is more familiar with the area I asked her where we should go take the photos and by some miracle it all turned out very well.

Yes, that was Roy's Riverboat Landing. We were bummed that the dinner service hadn't started yet when we ate there but loved our lunches. We will definitely be back. It's a place she has always told me she wanted to go to eat but we had never gotten around to it. So I'm very glad our first time there was so special.
Appreciate 0