View Single Post
      11-13-2017, 05:52 PM   #34
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post
It's shocking when you see where HP/torque and performance is going, I just bought a 96 993 Porsche. A great car at 285HP and I love the thing. Given up the Z4MC for it was a tough choice, and then I see for the same money I could get a GT350 demo with 500+HP, or a brand new Alfa 4C. You see what Chrysler is doing with HP, the Camaro's etc. Some of these cars are getting into Super car territory at a fraction of the price.....shit I remember when I was just getting into cars and I though 250HP was a lot.

Where does it end?
I know, I remember you agonizing over the decision!

Just my opinion, but if you've never driven an Alfa 4C, be prepared to be disappointed. I'm perhaps the biggest roadster lover on the planet, and was all prepared to sell the Z4M and buy a 4C Spider.....until I test drove one. I went in amped beyond belief, I wanted to love the car. After about 10-15 minutes of driving, I knew right away it wasn't the car for me. It wasn't 1/2 as fun to drive as my Z4M, and really didn't feel much quicker. The power/brakes all needed to be really pushed, whereas in the Z4M everything is instant. I hated the paddle shifter (well I hate ALL paddle shifters), and the carbon tub really protudes in on your left side so it's hard to get your left leg comfortable while driving. I was looking at the sticker price too thinking "$75k for this?!?". The motor is pretty much maxed out as it is, there's little room for improvement. I can go get an ESS kit for my Z4M for under $10k installed and just have a hoot! No point to get a 4C!

I couldn't get out of the thing fast enough and back into my Z4M, there was absolutely nothing I liked about the car!
Appreciate 1
RABAUKE4655.00