View Single Post
      07-15-2017, 08:39 AM   #28
fbsm
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 4wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post
I'm not so sure, I think the EV/battery technology is a long way off, lets talk about transport trucks and buses for example, the batteries that would be required to move that much weight and have the range needed aren't going to be around in 10 years (to my way of thinking anyway).

Also, this isn't a 1979 Pinto forum, it's a luxury car forum, the folks on here can afford to entertain the idea of buying a new car every couple of years. Have a look around, theres lots of folks out there who can't afford a new car, ever. So with manufactures still producing lots of ICE, those are the cars that will be being purchased used in the next 2-15 years, so the production would almost have to stop now to illuminate them in the next decade.
Agreed.

Seems to me that the people predicting the demise of ICE dont get out of the cities that they live in very much and have a very myopic view of the world

Might get some interesting answers/blank stares from the same folks if you ask them where their last 3 meals came from, how it was raised/harvested etc etc

Anyone that thinks that agriculture, trucking, logging, shipping or a raft of other industries are moving to electric any time soon is smoking crack and not considering the reality of how these industries operate and the conditions/environment they operate in.
Appreciate 0