View Single Post
      07-16-2017, 10:21 PM   #51
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightrudder View Post
You make a great point. Electric cars are "displaced emissions" vehicles, and how that electricity is produced varies widely from state to state and country to country. California, a pretty high percentage of renewable energy; West Virginia, not so much. You have to look at the overall "well to wheel" analysis.
And this is assuming you are in the climate change crowd and that the theory of man made climate change is true, and then for you to even give a damn for that to even matter. I don't believe the theory, and even if it was true, I don't give a dann. And both of these pools represent almost half the country. Then factor in that you give a dann and believe it so much you're willing to pay 25% more for your transportation and also accept the other headaches associated with ev and that ev is practical for you... Do you see how the pool of potential buyers keeps shrinking? You can expand it again with techno geeks but that's still only ending with a few percentage points of the population. I don't see ev dominating anytime soon.
Appreciate 0