07-17-2017, 07:13 AM   #55
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Fear.

I mean, if you live in that much fear, then by all means, do not buy an EV. I hope you have a bunch of horses and cattle too instead of ICE cars, so you can use them when the gas runs out during the zombie apocalypse. The idea that you need to hoard everything so that you can live the rest of your life with nothing from the outside world? Ridiculous.
The facts he listed are facts. I see it happen whenever hurricanes even approach. I see what power outages do when they hit. I also know the grid is currently way past the recommended amount and even small problems like a substation going down has blacked out the east coast for hours.

Do I live in fear of this? No. Does the prior poster? Not in the least. That was an explanation for you as to why we can't just plug in 5mm ev cars tomorrow.

Are we afraid of change or new tech? Beyond laughable. Do we know if there is going to be a meaningful amount of EVs we need to spend billions overhauling the grid. We probably should anyway instead of just slapping on bandaids like we have been but it hasn't happened yet.

The only fear I have about EVs is to get stuck on a room with a guy who can't stop talking about how great they are because my replies would not agree with his dementia and the conversation would go downhill fast.
Appreciate 0