danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
And this is assuming you are in the climate change crowd and that the theory of man made climate change is true, and then for you to even give a damn for that to even matter. I don't believe the theory, and even if it was true, I don't give a dann. And both of these pools represent almost half the country. Then factor in that you give a dann and believe it so much you're willing to pay 25% more for your transportation and also accept the other headaches associated with ev and that ev is practical for you... Do you see how the pool of potential buyers keeps shrinking? You can expand it again with techno geeks but that's still only ending with a few percentage points of the population. I don't see ev dominating anytime soon.
It's not about us. It's about legacy. You may personally not care about what is left behind but I do (I just had a kid so my perspective clearly changed as opposed to when I was single).

There is more than enough evidence that supports climate change but I'm not one to support the overreaction of it unlike a lot of liberals who don't understand the repercussions of it. Personally, I simply support the advancement of technology and making this world a better place to live. I do NOT support extremism from either end. Forcing people to abandon fossil fuels is absolutely ridiculous and should never happen, but hindering/dampening technological progress that benefits everyone should be supported as well. Renewable energy has made leaps and bounds over the past decade (and most importantly, continues to be a cheaper/more economical) and we should continue to strive for better usage of such resources. But we should also continue to better refine and perfect fossil fuel access/consumption for the cleanest and best efficiency since it will still be one of mankinds most important resource (not just in terms of energy, but for uses in plastics/lubricants/etc which are far more important imo). It's all about balances, which for some reason, the population lacks these days.

This whole EV discussion is completely useless since at the end of the day, it's not about electric vehicles themselves. It's providing the entire population with the best infrastructure that is both balanced in terms of resource usages and economics (cheap is best obviously). The focus should be on the infrastructure itself, not pointing fingers at the automobile industry. Personally, I don't see a radical change in any of this in our lifetime. The growth in technology is there, but for mass market, it will take decades. We should keep that momentum growing for generations to come.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 1