09-20-2008, 10:30 PM   #32
omerfar23
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 335i, 2008 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincmo View Post
It's amazing to see how fast people hate on new models and say that the new ones sucks...these same people said they hated the previous 7 when it got out and talked about how Bangle was ruining BMW design heritage...now they say the previous 7 is the best they ever seen! I guess that in a couple of years....they'll learn how to like it!
+1. totally agree. Actually I really liked the current 7 series as I thought it was really bold and made a statement. It wasn't like anything on the road. funny thing is new S-class from Merc went that route also. The new S is one of those I never really understood initially and thought they had ruined an amazing car since i loved the previous generation. Then I started to see more and more new S-class cars on the road and to my surprise I love it I hate to say I see but I see Chris Bangle vision (including the 6-series backend). I firmly believe the current/old 7 and 5 series will definitely hold test of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincmo View Post

For me, I really like where BMW is heading with their new design language...it feels like they're going back to their roots...pure and simple design, nice accent on the kidney grills and really nice evolution on the headlights.
i disagree with you there mate. I won't make a statement about the new 7-series till i see it closely but my initial reaction would be to say that they have taken amazing design and toned it down (not in the good way). I am all for simplicity in design but i think its very bland. Now I just hope they don't do the same thing with 5-series since it current design is close to perfection.