View Single Post
      06-17-2009, 10:06 PM   #15
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

^ and ZMP (with a different package name "M-Sport") was available on the e90 at or just after production, but not in the US. For some reason they hold ZMP, ZHP or whatever, for the 3ers until after LCI. They announced ZMP for the LCI e90 a few months after the LCI was released. The ZHP (not quite but similar) package was available on pre LCI e46's in other countries, but not the US. At LCI time, it was available in other countries (2002) but not in the US, not until 2003.

My prediction: ZMP package available for 7er's in the US in about a year...

Wait or don't, if you do wait for the availability of the ZMP package (if it does take a year) spy photo's of LCI F01's will start surfacing about a year after you take delivery, so then do you wait again? Because if you do, a year after you take delivery of your LCI F01, spy photo's will surface of the next generation 7er. But the M-Sport package probably won't be available in the US the first year, so do you wait again for year two?

And the cycle continues...

Bottom line, if your about to take delivery of your f01, ENJOY IT! If you leased, then pick up an LCI model with the ZMP package at the end of your 36 months. No need to fret about what's next, there is always going to be something "next." Thats just how it is.

Long day, hope that made sense, off to bed...

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0