08-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #8
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 750Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
If you get back to the welt and you find the time and remember this, could you be so kind and ask them what the percentage is that they use on the tinted individual windows???
Thanks xDrive. I would love to ask for you... but unfotunately we wont be heading back to Germany... Sorry! Maybe you can email the staff at the Welt (from their website)

We had a very nice drive to Zurich today. (or rather the hills above Zurich - as we are staying at the Dolder and have not gotten too close to the city itself) We left Munich at about 9:30 in the direction of Fussen.

We took part of the Romantic Road and a nice photo near Neuschwanstein castle:

I used the Michelin guide app on my iPhone to look for a nice sport for lunch. We ended up at the Kaufmann Hotel, about 5 miles north of Fussen, for a nice bavarian meal. As I was about to back out of our parking spot on to the small road the hotel sits on, a 3 series (marked this time) police car passed by. I backed up after he passed and he immediately pulled over, two officers got out, and waved me over as I was about to drive away.

This is the 2nd time I've been stopped in as many days. I had all the paperwork in my hand before he even arrived at my window. (Including passport this time) The officer again seemed to be puzzled about the entire concept of ED. "You're going to drive this back to California?"

They didn't even bother looking into anything once I told them we'd been "controlled" by police near Berchtesgaden yesterday. "Well - if they checked it out and let you go..." They were good sports and let me take a photo:

After that we continued on to Zurich. I got the car to 151 mph today... the limiter seemed to kick in as I just hovered at 150 - 151. I was sad to say to goodbye to Germany after that!

We arrived at the Dolder above Zurich at about 5:30. What a hotel! We are in the new Spa wing with a beautiful view of Zurich and the lake.

Tomorrow we are off to Como.

Last edited by hayden; 08-28-2009 at 04:45 PM..
Appreciate 0