View Single Post
      01-18-2011, 03:12 AM   #7
lux
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2, 2011 E90 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlpamg View Post
huh? the B7 is only $127 - 134k. a Panamera Turbo starts at 135k. plus, it's a Porsche, expect it with options to go for in excess of $160k...

the B7 and the Panamera Turbo aren't even close. the Panamera is meant to be a sporty 4-door 911, whereas this is supposed to be a faster more exclusive land-yacht 7-series. the Panamera doesn't have the gizmos and do-dahs (such as night vision) as this car and it's not as comfortable.

yes, this car should have more performance, but it's one hell of a car.
Someone buying at this price level would certainly cross shop both cars. Yes the BMW might have a more luxurious drive but Alpina B7 is also supposed to be about sport as well. The bar has been significantly raised by the Panamera. It also offers very high levels of luxury too--Burmester audio system, front and rear ventillated seats, rear entertainment, etc.... So I don't think it is fair to say the Panamera is simply a spartan 4dr 911. The seats in the Panamera are very comfortable and the interior fit & finish is top notch. Don't get me wrong, I love my BMW but the Panamera Turbo offers serious performance and luxry as well. If they can only fix that damn butt! (I guess we used to say the same thing about the Bangle Butt as well...LOL)
Appreciate 0