View Single Post
      12-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #13
tallshortguy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
The fact of the matter is that Porsche, Dodge, Audi, Aston Martin and Corvette or some of the other cars Z4 GTD or a Z4 GT American Le mans version separately compete against are based on actual cars those manufacturers have for sale in the showroom. So they actually are using race on Sunday and sell on Monday philosophy.

The BMW Z4 race car and Z4 have nothing in common except for similar shape. There is no production high performance Z4 M coupe with a NA high revving V8 engine for sale at any BMW dealership. At least the M3 E92 race car was based of a high performance E92 M3 coupe with a proper racing pedigree high revving NA engine. One had a easier time routing for it.

BMW, step up and either make a proper Z4 M coupe with a proper NA engine for sale and than race it or go race the new M4 or M6 with turbo engines. Are you not confident in your turbo engines. Why are you racing engines you no longer sell?. Do you not have confidence in your state of the art turbo engines. It is hard to route for your Z4 race cars that have no production basis unlike a 911 or C7 or Viper, or Aston or Ferrari 458 Italia, or Audi R8.

Man up and step your game up. Make racing version of cars and engines that you actually sell. I could care less for these special on off vehicles.

Hell race an i8 in electric hybrid class as you sell it and it would be hell a cool
You clearly have no clue about FIA GT specs if you think the Z4 GT3/GTD has nothing in common with the road car while the others mentioned do. The Z4 got an exception for the engine based off of the S65, but everything else is in line with standard FIA homologation rules.

Also, BMW is currently building their M6 GT3 with the 4.4 twin turbo V8 based off of the S63 which will replace the Z4, so I'm not sure why you think they're afraid to race with turbos.

Last edited by tallshortguy; 12-18-2014 at 02:49 PM..
Appreciate 0