Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
+1

It's only acceptable in AMG form. I hate the wheel arches on all models though. They look tacky, but a little more acceptable with AMG kit since it blends in.

Rear lights are fugly too. Facelift will improve it, still not brilliant but def better:

The new front with quad fogs just got uglier though!

The front bumper is better, LED front lights are cool and I think an angular grille is better too. I just hate those quad fogs though.

Here are comparison pics:

Wow, great post man. Thanks for the comparison shots, I needed em to actually tell what was changed.

Ok, WTF. Not cool with the quad fogs (I criticized WALD's aftermarket bumper similar to this). I'm glad they got rid of that weird line than runs beneath the headlights though. They replaced it with subtle creases it looks like. Hmm, new wheels. Looks like they changed the mirrors (for better or worse I'm not quite sure yet). They added a (now pre-requisite) faux diffuser to the rear now. No changes to the rockers. And of course, like all facelifts nowadays, the brightwork gets brighter. LEDs for the tails, and I guess the halogen inner bulb in the headlights gets replaced with another HID bulb. Oh and the orange markers are slightly smaller. Can't spot much else that's different, but it's surprising to see how well the design holds up against the new 7 side-by-side. It still looks modern. I'm glad, considering older S-Class models looked out of date pretty quickly.
Appreciate 0