boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
your right, it is.....but what about all those natural gas burning cars out there? Is natural gas that much safer then hydrogen? I dunno, but I really thought we had a future with hydrogen powered cars, I mean, they seemed like the only real true solution to both environmental problems and oil consumption problems. True 0 emissions vehicles, but without the lack of power of electric vehicles, or without needing a long battery re-charge.

And can someone please clear something up for me......how does a hydrogen burning engine work exactly? Same basic principles of 4 strokes, cylinders, pistons, and all?
howthingswork.com? haha i dunno hydrogen fuel cells.

in one of my classes, i learned that the average hydrogen car (to-be produced or current) has a range of under 300 miles. hydrogen fuel cell stations in california are only located in norcal and socal, with about 4-6 stations in each part of the state (i can't remember the #s of stations). this means that you wouldn't even be able to travel out of region because of the vehicle's range.

electric cars are just substituting oil for coal (majority of energy generated by the US is from coal), so that does decrease dependence on foreign energy sources because we have the largest known coal reserve or whatever, but that still shits our environment despite all this "clean coal" stuff and carbon sequestering and yadayada. lol if we could run on nuclear power, terrorism wasnt a problem, and we could store nuclear waste on mars, electric cars would be the shit!

and yeah about the natural gas...dunno. i think it would be just as volatile as hydrogen... how bout the car that ran on water... lol.

there is a old guy at UC Davis who's been researching on ways to convert cars into hybrids for the last 20 some years... supposedly a plug and play conversion in 2 hours. not a solution but definitely could be used at this point.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0