03-13-2009, 05:08 PM   #28
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by michal12 View Post
The amount of BS in this thread is beyond beleavable for me.
First, "US' first test" doesn't mean "world's first test". Magazines in the UK and Germany and many others have published reviews of the new 750i months ago
Secondly, I am surprised by BS statements by Inside Lane, which I would normally call unbiased and very reliable, as to how 750i competes with S 63 AMG. There simply is no competition, both performance- and price wise. The AMG would blow this 7 into dust. But come on, that is why BMW is making the 760 V12 Twinturbo.
A 'Review' is NOT the same as a 'Test'!

You are correct that there have been other 'reviews' of this car from other magazines, newspapers, TV shows, you name it. But did they do an in depth TEST as what edmunds just posted (e.g. acceleration, braking, skidpad, slalom, etc). They may not be the first to test the car, who knows when they actually did the testing?!?

Also, since you believe that Edmunds and Inside lane seem to be full of BS (to use your verbiage), can you share with us on what you base your conclusions and your knowledge of these cars compared to those that have actually reviewed/tested these cars???

As to the 760 TTV12 statement, I think that would be a far better and fair comparison between the upcoming 760 and the S63. In my opinion (and I have already stated that somewhere earlier), the 750 should be compared to the S550 not the S63!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0