View Single Post
      03-12-2024, 07:11 AM   #10
Raimo5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

From what has been described here so far, you really want as much chassis control tech as possible. That includes rear axle slip control, but more importantly, executive drive pro. When I was browsing for G11/12, I first tried few cars that didn't have ARS and let me tell you, I was instantly able to feel the difference when I got into one that had it. Smoother on the straights but then really straps down and stays flat throughout the bends. I could swear it even leans into the corners a bit in comfort mode. It also makes different driving modes more pronounced. Rear axle steering would have been nice to have, but wasn't essential for me as I was shopping for standard wheelbase G11 anyway.

And Executive Drive Pro doesn't only mean electrical roll bars that only work reactively. They also work proactively by considering GPS data and analyzing road ahead via KAFAS cameras. It also features additional wheel acceleration sensors on each strut and makes that info available and usable for all other VDP functions that can leverage it.

Last edited by Raimo5; 03-12-2024 at 07:16 AM..
Appreciate 1
NGT25764.50