View Single Post
      08-17-2015, 03:16 PM   #29
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
The E36 M3 will always be my favorite M3, it's just a beautiful car and 240hp is all you need on American roads. Even when I see one now in good condition (becoming RARE), I watch it roll down the street because I love the way it looks. Avus blue, the best color on a car ever!! Though, your color is the second best. ;D
Ironically, it's probably my least favorite M3

However, for the price, it just cannot be beat. It handles amazing with the mods I have, is cheap to run and insure, will run 200k+ miles no problem if you take care of it, and still has plenty of power to scoot.

I don't plan on selling mine any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsnBurbles View Post
I may get hurt for this but...

damn! the e46 still looks great. Possibly the best looking M3/M4 but sadly is the worst sounding (exhaust). Sorry guys, but I'm not too into the overly raspy metallic noise this thing makes.

More importantly, only the e46 M3 (and CSL by extension) can pull off the CSL trunk without looking like it's trying too hard. I'm not sure about the M4 as I've never seen an M4 with a CSL trunk in real life.
You're not the only one. I get yelled at all the time for saying anything remotely negative about god's chariot. Having said that, I do love the intake noise the CSL makes, and the exhaust rasp can be toned down.

I hope eventually can do the same with the current M3/4.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0