05-02-2017, 10:16 AM   #38
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by byroncheung View Post
My house have a navien tankless unit.

Good things as other have already said, endless hot water, no / low risk of leak, etc.

But for my particular unit sometimes it take a while to run the hot water for it to start heating up (in some extreme cases can take couple of minutes, but most of the time heat water would start coming out in less than 30s). Never quite figured out why there is such a big variance of heatup time. Had couple of plumber took a look they have no good explanation neither.

That brings to my biggest gripe about these heaters - they're complicated machines. Most of the plumber really don't know very deep about them. They can install them, but if something goes wrong with them, in my experience it's hard to find people knowledgeable enough to give good diagnosis on them...
It could be the temperature of the water coming into your house, it could vary as much as 20 degrees depend the time of year and the water usage around your area at the time. most time the water coming into your house could be around 50, but could drop to 40 and as high as 60.
Appreciate 0