11-06-2017, 09:36 PM   #22
kabrichx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
The knive cuts both ways. Acknowledging it means that all plans would work out, all products would succeed and no businesses would fail....
And strategic management usually focusses on a scope of 5 years, not 2 decades.
Its impossible to predict things on that level.

And in 20 years... do we drive electric(battery operated) or will it be hydrogen? nobody can tell.
And those are just technological features. What here is the big issue is how we precieve transportation. Giving up ownership. Not owning your own car/transportation anymore, but call upon some service that sends you a pod.
Thats a totally different game. And thats what he's talking about. Thats what he's predicting.
Apparantly you're a believer in that. And I'm not.
I do believe when I see enough of the smartest people in every field focusing on the fact that robotics and automation will eliminate roughly 33% of the current jobs in the next 10-20 years.

This is just part of that future that virtually every influential industry leader is predicting.

At one time horse owners also stated “let them try and replace my horse...telling me I cannot use the paths into town”.

Time driving is a waste of time, even if some enjoy it.

Human productivity is increasing dramatically with the help of automation to do the mundane tasks.

Disruption is real and happening daily.
Appreciate 0