01-14-2018, 07:14 AM   #71
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325_bucks View Post
Ok so I drove the car with 20s and it was ok but I hit a big pothole and it was hard but that was a massive hole. They are a £1100 option on the msport so that’s what I’d save by going 19s. I’ll have a quick look what I can add by removing those for 1100 (any suggestions?) but if I keep them I think it will be ok.
Nothing can probably save you from big potholes unfortunately. Outside of that how do you think it compared to the smaller wheels, was there a noticeable difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
Small clarification: Heated rear seats are now standard, however, cooled and massage are indeed options. Good point about the centre tablet and massage activation in rear.
Yes your right, heated seats front and back are standard now I see.

Quote:
I don't have exec drive pro, I'm a bit sceptical about it to be honest. I can photograph the printed manual pages on EDP if you wish but it doesn't say if one has to activate it or not...maybe a menu command in idrive but otherwise it will be on all the time from what I can read. There are some interesting limitations on it, which make sense but are worth knowing, such as; doesn't work in the dark (so must not be infra-red), doesn't work if car in front is too close (as it can't see the road then) and doesn't work above 87 mph...(I know we all drive the speed limit but useful to know, must be limited in how fast it can register something and then actively change settings before one hits that obstacle)...there are others.
Yeah if it's on all the time I simply won't know however it has the anti roll stabilization which is really good. In sport it corners pretty flat. It's not to the level you'd get on the M5 as there's still a bit lean but at the same time it's still a comfortable ride even in sport mode. Probably only useful if you like a bit of a twisted B road kind of driving I guess.

Quote:
Agree with FastLaneJB, 20's will be fine and look stunning. EDIT: if however, you did want driver assistant plus and changing back to standard 19's would free up enough to get DAP then I'd do that to be honest. The 19's are still big enough, it will help a bit with fuel economy and ride and the DAP is great in many aspects but does have some quirks and you get ACC. The feature I like most is it will warn you using the radar sensors in the front or rear bumpers if a car is approaching when you are 'blind' to them (at 90 degree junctions or where you are backing up...you won't see them, even in the surround view but the radar will pick them up and indicate this as a warning sound and red visual (on appropriate side of camera view)...worth its weight in gold to be honest for the UK. Either way you'll be happy, congrats again on the car, please do keep us posted on progress (both of you!) and lots of pics when you get them!
Integral Active Steering comes in around that price and might be a nice choice to help in tighter locations. Or just save your money if you've got everything you want or keep the 20's. I still drive my wife's Mini sometimes or travel in it and that's on big wheels, it's pretty firm to be honest. Even then though I don't mind a couple of hours in it so at least from my point of view the M5 is more than comfortable enough, the 7 series is like floating on clouds even with 20 inch wheels.
Appreciate 0