01-15-2018, 07:55 AM   #83
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325_bucks View Post
Bit of a change, it turns out that removing the 20s and going back to 19s actually negatively affects price as the 20s have a better residual value, so even though I added seat ventilation that wasn't as expensive as the 20s, the monthlies were still coming out more.

So I decided after researching, that seat ventilation is not actually that great. I removed that as well as the 20s but kept the ambient air and through load. This should bring my costs down and save some money. I really want to get the 20s but the only benefit to them are the looks, everything else is a negative. But I figured that if I really don't like the 19s, I can always trade them for a set of 20s down the line, right?
I've got seat ventilation in my M5, not sure if it's exactly the same on the newer 7 series but it's not amazing if I'm honest. I've specified it on the 760 anyway as I've got pretty much everything else so why not I thought but your probably right to remove it.

It's not hugely fast but it cools the leather down mainly I'd say. So think parked with your black leather out in the sun for a long time it can help a bit in those situations. However it's just pretty slow but eventually if you leave it on long enough the seats can get quite cold.

Considering you live in the UK, heated seats are much more useful here which you've got anyway.

Strangely you can switch the heated and cooled seats on at the same time at least in my car. The cooled seats are really just fans in the seats as far as I can feel, it's not hooked up to the cool AC air for instance. So if you switch them both on at the same time it must be blowing across the heating elements and blows pretty hot air from the seats. I did it once without realizing and I was baking hot in no time.

Back to the wheels it doesn't seem like your completely set on the 19's. If having the 20's works out cheaper plus looks nicer and the ride was OK maybe go with them? It'll look awesome either way I imagine.
Appreciate 0