View Single Post
      08-10-2014, 07:33 AM   #77
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
Which is basically what everyone here is saying - that the design of the new 7 is extremely boring, mundane, and looks like a bottom rung 320i. Nobody here is talking about quality of materials, they are talking about the design, which looks like a complete failure for a $100k car. Everything BMW makes looks EXACTLY the same on the inside, and the interiors at this point are pretty dated. You buy a Merc, you get a different interior in every model.

Lol. We know you work for BMW so you have to defend everything the company does, but plain and simple you guys didn't do your homework here and the S-klasse is in a completely different league now and knocked it out of the park. The S-klasse is a luxury car. What's the 7 series now? It's too big and fat to be a driver's car, so I'm not sure how you can try and market it as anything other than the luxury car it should be, but seems not to be anymore - if it were, it wouldn't look like a 320i inside.

Sorry, but Mercedes flat-out outclassed you here, across the board:

By the way, there's a power extending footrest on that rear seat too, hot stone massagers, and the doors and armrests are even heated in this car. Better luck next time, BMW.
Once again you miss the argument because there is nothing directly to compare with. All there is is prototypes versus a fully production specification.
Of course Mercedes had to progress after all their luxury brand Maybach failed against BMW's Rolls-Royce and they had to fill the gap whereas the S-Klasse is a sales success no one from Bentley or Rolls-Royce are "downsizing" its sales are due to people "upsizing".

Since BMW rely on Rolls-Royce for the high end luxury market. A 7er and a Rolls-Royce cannot compete with each other. A Rolls interior is a stately home. The all new BMW 7er is more of a modern minimalist lounge.