View Single Post
      09-01-2014, 08:06 AM   #85
Jai 302
Banned
Rep
Drives: F13 640i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OatmealRocks View Post
I don't know what you are implying with the highlighted sections with a pic of a finish treated plastic.

Post treatment in the plastics is not a drastic change in the fundamental and functional design. It is well plastic treatment. What you are stating from your previous posts is that they are concentrating on the chassis and interior have not been finalized. Maybe an extra button in the same foot print in the area of the controls. yah sure but I am speaking about the over design which you have dismissed.
I am not sure the exact phases in a manufacturing life cycle is but I would suspect at this point in time, the chassis have already been completed and interior would most likely be dependent on it.

Furthermore, historically all pictures shown with the interior spied shots on any other BMW vehicle have netted the same results. Which would explain why they are covering the interior because well.. the designed have been finalized and they do not want it to be shown. Sure, chrome or some type of treatment here, trim color there.. but the over design is there. For you to argue they are 'concentrating in the chassis' now is naive.

Hate to break it to you.. this close to the release they are working out the kinks of the car being driven and measure data points on the actual performance and behavior of the car, how it reacts to the roads and a bunch of other stuff we are not aware of.

However interior design at this stage is silly to even state as fact. It has been done earlier on in front of a computer monitor (way before they even fabricated a single part) and not wasted effort spent on fitting old interior parts until they figure that piece out later in a test car. Geezz i didn't realize how silly what you have said until I critically thought about your logic.
You had to write an essay to reply to 2 words of his, which were essentially a reply to another essay of yours. That sure says a lot about you.

Wait till the car is unveiled. Nobody is forcing you to buy it. If you're so madly in love with the new S-class, put your money where your mouth is and buy it. As far as I'm concerned I'm willing to give Scott a chance because he contributes more to these forums than you ever will.

FWIW the interior design of the 6 series is very well executed and I'm sure BMW will do a better job for it's flagship. But yeah as always, 'haters gonna hate'.

Appreciate 0