Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
Guys the Z4 has been busy and now the new 6 series GT3 should be a beast. I'm sure people will notice that.
exactly, this is the type of racing BMW likes to stick to. When they go outside of their 'comfort zone' (prototypes, F1, etc), they end up hemorrhaging money with little to no success to show for it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see BMW go all out, kill it at LeMans and win a WCC in F1. But it won't happen, ever. They seem to be more interested in making four door versions of two door versions of four door versions, FWD minivans, and big bumbling SUVs. They're just not the same manufacturer they were even 10 years ago. They're becoming VW right before our eyes.
I agree with you 100% on the 4 door versions of 2 door cars The separation of 3&4 series is completely blasphemous to me! However, times change dude! Look at Merc making FWD cars, Cadillacs, Mustangs and Vettes aren't showing much either. Ferrari and Lambo aren't breaking any molds. Fact is all of the series are getting tighter theses days as manufacturers are all returning to 70's thinking, in that Motorsport gains fans and buyers. Porsche is clearly the bench mark but they kinda cater to the race fan exclusively. I mean even the Panamera and the Cheyenne are fast as fuck for their classes. BMW Motorsport is not circling the drain as so many have said here within. They are now purpose building a lot of these lines to make yuppies feel sporty but don't get it twisted......there's still M! They are competitive and to my knowledge the last time they went for a purpose built car (E30) it destroyed. This was a kick in the ass to many companies to catch up. Can anyone name a brand that dominates consistently in any series of racing? Probably not.