Mosaud1998
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540

Garage List
2019 BMW 540  [0.00]
I feel like I'm getting led on by a potential employer

I have been looking for a job for about 5 months now (I've been looking since I got transferred to my current company). I applied for a District Sales Manager position with General Motors in July~. I got interviewed twice but the result was GM not hiring me. It was a contract-to-hire position. 6-month contract and after the 6 months, you get permanently hired. GM gave a current employee on the "contract-to-hire" position the extension and ended up dropping the ball on me. They did however mention that I was 2nd in line. Whatever the hell that meant

Anyways, the two gentlemen who had interviewed me at the time added me on Linked In. In December, I messaged the Buick Reginila Marketing Manager (one of the people who interviewed me back in July of 2023) to see if they had another opening. Lo and behold, he told me they did and I applied.

Dec 13th, I had a short over-the-phone interview with the HR from GM. Probably a 20-minute phone call. Describing the job etc. HR did mention they are looking to hire someone by March 2024. Jan 11th, I had an hour-long Zoom interview with the Buick Regional Marketing Manager and someone else. The interview in my opinion went well. A day after the interview, I sent both of the gentlemen an email thanking them for their time. I heard back from the interviewers thanking me for taking the time to have him interview me.

I received an email from HR on Jan 26th stating, "Hello! Hope this reaches you well. Thank you for spending time to interview with our team for the District Manager position. I had originally communicated that we would have final decisions by the end of this week, unfortunately, our timeline has been extended into next week due to scheduling. If you have any additional questions please feel free to reach out. I appreciate your patience, we are hoping we will have final decisions soon."

Feb 2nd, I was hoping to hear back on a decision. Here's the email I received from HR on Feb 2nd, "Thank you so much for your patience throughout the process for the District Manager Position. I am reaching out today to update you that we will not have official decisions this week. Your application is still active and in process but we do not have clarity at this time. As soon as I have updates I will be reaching out with information on the timeline and feedback. We appreciate your patience with our changing timeline. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out."

If I get the same bs email this week, I think I am going to lose it . I am currently applying for other positions as well.

Last edited by Mosaud1998; 02-05-2024 at 08:07 AM..
Appreciate 0