View Single Post
      11-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 750Li

Your usage of the programmable memory buttons?

I think sharing our use of programmable memoray buttons may give some of us some good ideas we may not have otherwise thought of.

My setup:
  1. Phone - Home
  2. Phone - Wife's Mobile
  3. USB Audio (iPod - Cannot select a specific playlist - will pick up where it left off)
  4. FM station (want to find a quick way to start at the top of my "preset" list without changing the main screen away from the map)
  5. Split Screen (On/Off)
  6. Navigation - Route preference (to check alternate routes)
  7. Navigation - Voice guidance on/off (pressing twice repeats last instruction)
  8. Navigation - Home address
I tried to set one to a specific iPod playlist - but was unable to. I purchased a new iPod and still have the same issue where it forgets the playlist when I start the car. I cannot see any of the other song names (except for what is currently being played) without going back to Playlists and reselecting the playlist.

I also find it annoying that I can't find an easy way to access the radio "presets" easily. If I set an FM preset to a memory button... when I access it, it shows me other FM stations... not all my other presets. The only way to access it is to go to <Radio> - scroll to <Presets> and then select one. I can then switch back to the Map and have the other presets accessible from the scroll function on the steering wheel.

Appreciate 0