View Single Post
      07-01-2015, 07:39 PM   #38
fcman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0wr View Post
You write finance software for which type of finance firms?

If you're talking about people who are dropping from the industry, you aren't talking about people in finance. That's my point. If you stay in, work your dick off, and can add value to whichever firm you're with, there's no reason why you wouldn't steadily rise. Nobody in banking thinks they're gonna be billionaires. They just know that if they work there dick off for three years as an analyst, there's a very high likelihood that they're gonna be promoted to associate or lateral into PE or HF where they'd be making the same, if not more.

Those who work at F500 companies aren't the ones putting in 60-80 hour weeks consistently so get your comparison straight. Once again, I think it's apparent that you have limited view of the finance industry and how it works.
Again, you're back to this convoluted nonsense of "100% of movie stars became movie stars, so everyone can be a movie star if they work hard". You'd be a good used car salesman. You know what the average finance salary is? $57k... But it's like I'm talking to a brick wall, most likely one built by either nepotism or a trust fund, so good luck to you, hopefully you've already made it because if not, you're in for a rude awakening.
Appreciate 0