View Single Post
      09-25-2016, 12:31 PM   #60
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I have experience with voice data on Sprint and AT&T. I have experience with Verizon on data only. Sprint is my carrier for my personal phones. AT&T is the carrier for my work phone. And Verizon is my carrier for my MiFi hot spot I still keep due to some times using it for work and hedging my bets on coverage.

From my experience in the DC Metro area, if I had to pay the more expensive rates of AT&T over what I pay for with Sprint, I'd be F'n mad. I've had numerous dropped calls while the phone showed full bars. I deal with the issues with Sprint because it's cheaper and I know what I'm dealing with. Data rates between Sprint and AT&T are a toss up depending on where I am in the DC Metro area and when I travel. Recently, I had a lunch meeting with a coworker. We were sitting at the same spot in the restaurant. I was getting calls and he showed no service. Both of us are on the company's AT&T plan. Some of the poor suckers in the company had to get T-Mobile. The people who had to get service through T-Mobile most of them were not happy. Some of them raised a stink with the company which finally allowed them to switch over to AT&T.

As far as cell service in this country, it's a joke in general. I was on my honeymoon in Puerto Rico. With my crappy Sprint service, I was able to make calls with no problems there along with pulling full LTE service tested at 30 Mbps down. I was even able to have full service out in the middle of the F'n Atlantic taking the ferry to Vieques. I only lost service 3/4 of the way to the island. Once on the island I was able to get full high quality service. To me that's extremely embarrassing for how service is hyped up here in the States.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13851.00