View Single Post
      09-25-2016, 12:40 PM   #61
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Comcast was my worst nightmare when it came to cable internet. My former employer had a lot of faculty members in the area who had Comcast cable internet. Getting a VPN connection to work through their damn routers was a pain in the ass.
Comcast has actually been pretty good for me. If you want piss poor service try Media Com. I have them as my only choice at my beach property. Absolutely the worst. Constant drop outs as evidenced by the email alerts I get from the Honeywell Connected Thermostat. Skype calls have been unstable. And my corporate VPN has trouble staying up there.

With the stuff I run out of my house, I'm surprised Comcast hasn't sent me a nasty letter asking what the heck I'm doing from my residential circuit. I have a constant VPN tunnel running between my beach property to my home providing VoIP. I constantly connect into my home network from remote locations using my SSL VPN system. I had a web server running for while which I only recently shut down. And then all the various virtual machines pulling data from various sources on the Internet. The only thing I knock Comcast on is their restriction on purchasing static IPs. I have to change over to business class service which more than doubles what I pay now depending on the level of speed I select. Oh and the fact they're not following FIOS and providing symmetrical service.
Appreciate 0