View Single Post
      09-25-2016, 05:41 PM   #66
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Years ago I had two static IPs from Mediacom. It cost me extra, of course. Not quite like paying for two accounts, but there was an extra charge. But then I left Mediacom for a year or two and now that I'm back with them I don't think they do that any more, although I haven't asked.
Yeah, it sucks the ISPs are not doing that anymore. I really only need 2 static IPs. Heck, if I could do 2 dynamic IPs on my circuit, I would go with that. Comcast only allows me to get more than 1 IP if I move to business class service. But here's the catch if I do that. I have to purchase/rent a block of 5 IPs. That in itself isn't that bad as they're only charging $10 extra per month. It's the base service which really kills me. If I remember correctly, 50/10 service was around $149 a month. 100/20 service was around $189 or so a month. The only difference I'm seeing in the service plans is the ability to get static IPs, the business class SLA, and better upload speeds per tier of speed.

I couldn't swallow the doubling of my monthly bills to get those features as my residential service has been pretty reliable along with the contracted speeds at 100/10.
Appreciate 0