View Single Post
      07-14-2017, 02:14 PM   #15
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_jeremy View Post
I tried to tell you in my previous post.
We have a very different view of the world, and our two countries have two very different view and culture about the car and itīs industry.
And basically, the environment as a whole.
And that - for me is what makes for an interesting discussion.
Right, I understand that and accept your point there.

But when you are making general statements about timelines you can't simply look at what's going on in your part of the world to draw a conclusion. When we talk about BMW, and really most every major car manufacturer in the world, we are talking about global products. So if you are going to make claims about what will power such vehicles in the future, you have to consider every region in which they are sold.

Sure, I realize you don't have vehicles like the F150 in Norway. But we do here in America, so you need to take that into account when making predictions about global EV proliferation. Furthermore, although you may not have the F150, I am sure there are commercial trucks, construction vehicles, and other service vehicles which are not on a ten year timeline for a switch to electric propulsion. So, even if the government in your country can incentivize every last citizen to give up their current flavor of personal transportation for a Model 3 or Leaf or Bolt of i3 or whatever else compelling comes along in the next few years, there are still many other use cases for ICE engines that aren't going to be covered by Tesla or Polestar or whatever other manufacturer any time soon.
Appreciate 0