11-21-2014, 11:10 AM   #15
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
To the genius that says the Hellcat isn't good for much of anything.
You have absolutely zero clue what you are talking about. Oh wait.
It's heavy so it can't do anything.
Baaaanp. Wrong.
Take a minute to watch and or read the reviews.
It was .7 slower than a zl1 on one track test.
It is getting great press so I'm just curious as to where your knowledge is based from.
Wow, it was still outperformed by a car 2 yrs. older than it in a single track test. That's impressive.
Forget the Hellcat for min. What about the models that aren't the Hellcat (that I also pointed out) that most people will buy? Yeah, useless lead sleds...

Quote:
60ish grand. 8 speed torqueflite or 6 speed.
Tech all around. Comfortable. Huge trunk.
Trapping better than a turbo s and gtr nismo ain't bad either.
Tech that's been in several types of cars for YEARS now. And I guess it's trunk space has something to do with it's performance? It traps better than a Turbo S...what else does it do better than GTR and/or a Turbo S? I guess no other car in that price range has had or currently has an 8 speed transmission...oh wait year there are\have been. Again, impressive.
Quote:
I've owned nearly 30 vehicles with about an even slice of American, Japanese and German. Autos, manuals, heavy to lightweight.
Well, I guess that makes you God.

Quote:
The thread is aimed at saluting the progress being made.
Enthusiasts![/
No, he asked for points of view and opinions. Go READ the first post. "Enthusiasts", yep, as soon as you disagree with the majority, you're no longer one...

NOTE: I agree Americans are making progress, there are just some items that will be listed in this thread that I don't agree represent progress. The Challenger is one. Get over it.

Last edited by davis449; 11-21-2014 at 11:19 AM..
Appreciate 0