11-21-2014, 11:26 AM   #16
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
No, it makes everything German in the class looks like it was designed in this millennia. Yeah the Hellcat is GREAT for roasting tires...that's about it. Then, in every other form, it's just a lead sled that doesn't do very much, besides sit on cruise control at 85 MPH on I-10 in Far West Texas, well.

For that price ($72K+), I'll take the M3/M4 (or a CTS-V Sedan\Coupe) that has options that Camaro doesn't for ~ the same price and be slower...because, dollar for dollar, that's the definition of "practical". I'll bet the farm I'll be able to count the number of Z28 buyers that will use it for it's intended purpose on two hands. I'll also bet the farm that I'll be able to count the number of Z28 buyers who could actually drive one around a road course on one hand. The same can be said for M3/M4 buyers, so that argument is just a non-starter and, at the same time, negates your above quoted statement.

We'll see...
Hellcat actually performs better than you would think.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-revi...he-motown-mile

The M3/4 isn't meant to compete with the z/28 despite popular opinion. Z/28 is a car you can track lap after lap after lap and get consistent impresive results. You want to compare the M3/4, compare it to the zl1 which is almost identical in performance and $20k cheaper.

GT350 will also be a competitor to the M3/4 using e9x sports car ingredients.

ATS-V will also be a competitor to the M3/4 using f8x sports car ingredients.

Best of both worlds if you ask me, good times!
Appreciate 0