View Single Post
      07-14-2014, 09:48 PM   #40
needabeemer
Banned
Rep
Drives: ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Fox View Post
I understand this is a pre-production model, and I understand there is still work to be done. I also should emphasize that I am *not* an engineer or an automotive designer, so I am not qualified to state how much change can be allotted in the next year.

However, it is my personal opinion that whether its pre-production or not, judging by these pictures it does not appear the 7 series will have a groundbreaking interior. I do not see how there could be so much massive change within a year, especially since a car like this I imagine is built from the inside out. The customers in this segment don't care about weight savings or space age chassis refinements; they want toys, plush luxuries, and a sense of class. I really do hope the 7 series knocks it out of the ball park, because every previous generation I've preferred to the S class. All I can say with absolute certainty, is that BMW has a very difficult uphill battle to compete with Mercedes' flagship.
you are 100% spot on which is why i said that the 2015 C class has a far better interior than this car which is 3x the price. you are also 100% right that not much will change. when people from bmw say "this is a pre-production model" and that the finished product will be much different, what they mean is that the materials used will be different. the arm rest might have higher quality leather, the air vents might be aluminum, etc. but the general overall layout of the car will remain exactly the same. ive been a lurker on these boards for a few years now and ive seen the same lies said about cars ranging back to the 6 series. trust me, this is 90% of what the finished product will look like, and it doesnt come close to the S-class or even a 2015 C-class. if my post gets deleted or something then you will know that im right. bmw needs to really step it up because their current generation of cars were very lack luster and it looks like the next gen will be too.
Appreciate 0