View Single Post
      09-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #21
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by EidlBen
A whooping $135,000 for that thing? NO THANKS. I'd rather get an M3 and pimp it up with all the latest gears and what-nots on parts train (www.partstrain.com) I think that'd be a more... uh... practical approach in getting a luxury performance car.
If i take my wife's 2012 xdrive x1, it blows away my 2011 750li xdrive from a fun and drivability standpoint.

All of these large sedans (750li), and even the expensive ones (760,and alpina models) can only strive to give you the illusion that you are driving a much smaller car.

My 750li, as sweet as I think it is, is really a tank. All of the dynamic systems are to trick you into thinking you are driving a 3 series, yet with more room.

Although the 750li is fun, and I am a gadget guy, so I have all of the gadgets, it is not the real deal.

On the contrary, the 3 series and the x1 are the real deal. They don't need artificial means like the 750li combined with complex dampening systems to make you feel it. The 3 series and the x1 are natural beauties. The larger sedans are just fake. We love them, but it's just an illusion when compared to a 3 series or x1.
Appreciate 0