02-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #6
Whoopsy
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11 B7, 11 X6M, 07 997TT, 08 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
@SlammedM6: If I'm not mistaken, the MY2012 (starting with the March production) will in fact have the LED AE!

I got a call from my lovely sales lady from my local BMW dealership just over a week ago and she informed me that the 2012 Alpina B7 xDrive will be available as long wheel base version in Canada!!
Finally! I wondered who made the stupid decision for the previous model year to only import the short wheel base version to Canada...
Production will start in March...
Importing the swb version is the smart one actually.

B7 is a sports sedan, lwb does not equal sportyness. How much time do you spend in the back seat enjoying the extra leg room?

lwb cars are for people being driven in by a chauffeur, they can sit in the back enjoy the extra leg room. If you buy a lwb B7 AND sits in the back, who is enjoying the dynamics and extra performance of the engine, you or the chauffeur?

Unlike 760, B7 is for owners who DRIVES their own cars, which means they will never be in the back seat. For people showing off that they can afford to ride in a top line BMW, BMW offers the 760 in lwb only, as the 760 is the range topper for 7 series.

I was so glad BMW Canada finally listened to me that they import the B7 in swb AND xDrive, and I reward them with my purchase, one of the first ones in Canada. Let me tell you this, the car is so much fun to drive and with all the nice gizmo like night vision and stuff, you DO NOT WANT TO BE SITTING IN THE BACK SEAT, EVER.
Appreciate 0