pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkimM3r View Post
yes i do. but i really dont care about technical shit and specs like a bunch of "car" guys or who think they are "car" guys do.

when you are driving a tank you can throw out any bullshit about "lightweight" or "drivers car" because really they are not meant to be nor would you have picked one for it. i would never drive neither the 7 nor the S but if i wanted a luxotank i would take the AMG S for its looks, engine, and all the luxury comfort shit it comes with over a 7.

i like to drive. i don't sit and knit pick about specs...you prob do that a lot don't you?
I'm a process engineer at Pirelli for 8 years and I have access to cars and I'm participating at tyre testing for cars before they enter in production (Porsche, BMW M)
Technical "shit" is what makes a car performing good or very good and total weight and weight distribution is a major factor for car dynamics!
S65 has a lot of power, but it's heavy and will not have a chance on track against the future Performance 7 model
Are you really saying the new 7 will be better on track than an e9x m3?

Wow. Just wow. The f8x is a negligible weight decrease than an e9x. You expect a 7 series to be less than 3500 lbs?

And the dimensions are huge. Bmw said we put so much emphasis on weight and we were excited at the possibility of 3300-3400 lbs. guess what happened? I dont know how much a 7 series weighs but the m5/6 are what 4400 lbs? Im guessing it will still be over 4000 or maybe 4500 lbs but hey its lighter because its also bigger. Especially on a 7 series because most will be fully optioned its still a TANK.
Appreciate 0