04-01-2015, 05:19 PM   #6
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by K19BMW View Post
As much as i like omega they put out way to many limited editions!

I just hope they dont make any alaska project varients. I like mine being unique
You probably shouldn't hold your breath on that. Omega is but one of the companies that have realized that there're great profits to be garnered form resurrecting and updating legacy models. If nothing else, the vast majority of design effort and cost is avoided. Really, having the original version is probably a good thing, for once Omega come out with the "second edition," it boosts the public's awareness of the "original" and thereby increases demand for it and in turn can spark a price bump in for it.

Seeing that Omega have a ton of past models that can be tweaked a bit here and there and reissued, there's no telling when they'll again put out something entirely new. After all, it hasn't been that long since they deployed a new movement (co-axial) and a new watch Aquaterra.

If uniqueness is what you desire in an Omega, the limited editions and Museum line are what you need to look at, that or commissioning them to do something expressly for you.

As for the quantity of limited edition pieces that resemble regular production pieces and offered by relatively well known makers, I don't know who does that more, Omega or Panerai. I put the qualifiers in the preceding statement because there are companies who make nothing but limited edition pieces. Arnold & Son, for example, only offer 250 or fewer pieces of every watch they make. Click over to Vacheron's Maitre d'Temps page and every watch there is a limited edition. I think the same is so for all their Historiques models. The higher one goes "up the ladder," so to speak, the more likely it is that the maker only offers limited editions.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0