Questofthetune
Captain
Rep
Drives: 13 GT50014 AW M235i(sold)

Garage List
2014 BMW 235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
The real problem with EVs is gasoline. Gasoline and diesel fuel have the highest energy density of portable fuel (i.e. on-board vehicle energy storage). No battery electric vehicle can match the level of energy storage that an ICE vehicle can, and I doubt in any near-time future. If that breakthrough does come, it will be extremely far more expensive.

Gasoline and diesel fuel is the product of the the oil and gas industry, which also produce jet fuel. Hundreds of millions of people use commercial air flight every year to travel the globe. There is no near-term solution to converting commercial jetliners to a non-petroleum based fuel. As long as there is jet fuel there will be inexpensive gasoline and diesel.

What the automobile industry should work on is a more efficient conversion of gasoline and diesel into propulsion. A gas turbine/electric with capacitance electric energy storage would be an ideal step in that direction.

The problem is politicians stupidly believe in the globalwarmingclimatechange false-ism and therefore have basically banned the future of efficient combustion and any R&D to improve the combustion cycle and propulsion conversion methodology. They fund people like Elon Musk - one of the High Priests of globalwarmingclimatechange.
Dude, there is absolutely climate shannanigans going down. I live in SFL and half my family in key west. They have repeatedly mentioned how they see things slowly getting worse decade by decade.
Appreciate 0