Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
tesla that pooped a miata out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frito_burrito View Post
really just looks like a tesla model s
You both may be picking up on more than you realize, or it's just a coincidence.

Fun fact, Franz von Holzhausen was the Director of Design at Mazda from 2005-2008, when he jumped directly into the Design Director at Tesla, where he still is today. Call me crazy, or call it confirmation bias, but I do see similarities in Mazda styling & Tesla styling from time to time.

Take the side profile of Mazda's 2006 Kabura Concept and the side profile of Tesla's production Model 3, knowing that both of these were drawn by the same guy. 2 door and 4 door of a similar side profile?

Another interesting piece is the 2006 Kabura's panoramic windshield that curves to form the roof - this was a design feature included in the Model X, again designed by the same guy:

It feels like it wouldn't be too far off to say there may be styling cues/ideas overlapping between Tesla and Mazda in some cases. Then again this guy also worked on the Solstice and the New Beetle, so maybe I'm just going full conspiracy theory on this. Either way, fun to think about

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 0