View Single Post
      03-06-2024, 10:43 AM   #22
BRAKE!
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4

It’s easy to make a rational decision when significant other isn’t yours and the kid isn’t hers.

OP, I haven’t been in this situation personally, but you’re doing the right thing by going through the proper channels to evict him. These laws exist in many states and I believe they are set up so that the burden doesn’t fall onto the state/local gov’t to figure out housing for them.

Either way, the best thing to do is to keep neutrality. Don’t engage in an argument, show sympathy for their situation (I said sympathy, not empathy), don’t offer suggestions on what to do, and put responsibility back on the person to figure out. You’ve done what you can and it’s totally within your right to draw lines around what you can and can’t help with. It looks like the relationship between you and the SO’s son are strained and probably not going to get better given the history. Best for him and you to not live together.

Lastly, if you want to maintain a relationship with your SO, don’t pit her against her son. Mom’s usually will choose their own offspring in situations like this, so avoid arguments about the son as best as you can. Good luck.
Appreciate 0