12-22-2014, 06:56 PM   #257
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
Well before leaked lists and interviews start. Anyone want to give their short list of head coaches?
You can say who you want, who you don't want, and or who you think the 49ers will go after.

Vic Fangio needs an interview and I would like this choice. He would have a good shop at keeping key defensive coaches. Has done a fantstic job this year especially given the obstacles. He would need to have an OC ready to go. Downside is OC's once successful tend to get hired away. Not sure how many good offensive connections he has. The last thing I want is a repeat of the Nolan fiasco once Norv Turner left. This would be the smoothest transition and easiest hire.

Jim Tomsula- Similar to above except he hasn't been a coordinator and not sure Fangio would stick around if he was leapfrogged.

Darrell Bevell- Standard strengthen your team and weaken a rival. Keyed into the division and knows the 49er personnel. Success with a similarly styled offense and unconventional QB. Not sure its him or Wilson's innate pocket sense and scrambling (plus Lynch). Seattle offense has never been prolific. May have to wait a while since the Seahawks looked primed for a long playoff run.

Mike Shanahan- Coaching roots in SF, offensive coach, and has won multiple superbowls. Seems to be on the right side of the RG3 conflict also. Concern is he had clashes with the front office and is used to having significant control over personnel. May cause the defensive coaching staff to break up. A bit of a retread.

Josh McDaniels- This one scares me. Completely enamored with Tim Tebow (ugh), but correct about Jay Culter. Really showed he wasn't ready to be a head coach in Denver. Not convinvced of the New England coaching tree (name me the success story). Once they leave the bosom of Belichick, don't seem to fair well. BUT he may have learned valuable lessons the first time around. He is young and used to working in a structured hierarchy, plus he won't be in a position to demand personnel control. May have to wait a while since the Patriots looked primed for a long playoff run.

Pep Hamilton- Not familiar with him, but he has worked well with Luck and has changed the Indy offense to suit the talents in a given year. Again, what happens to the defensive staff.

Mike Holmgren- Not sure he has the itch to get back into coaching and has been away for awhile. Another who is used to significant personnel control.

Bill Parcells- Added this only because he was the rumored front runner last time. Too old and I doubt interested in going to the West Coast. Not a long term solution. Personnel shouldn't be a huge issue since Balke is from the Parcells tree.

My gut says they interview McDaniels, Fangio, Tomsula, and Hamilton. They will offer the job to McDaniels.
I bet if Mike Shanahan was offered, he would take it. I think 49ers are trying not to hire a head coach who just want to coach. just my opinion

Bill Parcells would be really nice. Who know if Bill will take the job.

Josh McDaniel would be a huge mistake. Only think I like about McDaniel is he is a "comedian"