03-01-2014, 11:26 AM   #8
osxcode
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: The M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
I did complain to BMW's senior management that I should be allowed to upgrade (at my expense) to the digital instrument cluster and the new iDrive touch. They both literally came out moments after I bought my car.

I was so pissed because I was led to believe the major upgrades were in the LCI and nothing new would be coming out.

I pleaded with senior management at BMW corporate. I was willing to pay for the upgrade, I just wanted it to be supported by my warranty.

I begged and explained that I was a near 20 year BMW customer and that I was on my sixth 7 series! I explained that this was not fair because the digital cluster and iDrive touch were so materially different and that really means the LCI wasn't dispatched until 2014---not 2013 as BMW advertised.

Well, in the end the CEO's office at BMW told me in so many words to take a hike.

That's loyalty for ya! I shall remember it 8 months from now when my lease is up. It's time to consider a Benz. I believe I made a very good case and the CEO's office at BMW was unmoved.

BMW doesn't realize that loyalty from customers like me are the reason for BMW's success. And, when you get a 20 year customer making a great case that he was dealt a bad deal, BMW should remedy the problem without batting an eyelash.

Well, that didn't happen. There was no follow through. No follow up. All I get was a door slam. I hear that door slam every month when I sign BMW's check for my 750 and another check for my wife's x1.
I love the cluster, it's a must for me. I upgraded the cluster in my 2013 because I liked it so much on the other 2 2014's I have. The display is beautiful and colorful in the daytime and I love how it shows the nav, I have the head up display but i much prefer the mini-instruction in the cluster, its neat. I like how sport mode changes to sporty, easy to read gauges while the eco mode looks sort of charlatan. Bimmertech can sell you the cluster (though not inexpensive) and they have dealers, hopefully near you. I had to make 3 trips to my bimmertech dealer until they got everything coded correctly, so I would be dishonest if i said it wasn't a nightmarish experience, though worth it in the end.

2016 BMW X5 ///M
2016 BMW M4 ///M Convertible

aLatteHotte - www.aLatteHotte.com - The Future of Coffee
Appreciate 0