09-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #60
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
The radio ban could actually prove to be very dangerous. Basically, if the team has information that they think will help them win the race that they want to get to the driver they will find a way to do it. If the rules say no radio, then they will try and find another way to communicate which will likely be much more distracting to the driver. It's not like you're going to get the teams to ignore the data they are collecting duing the race that may impact their results. The better solution would be to make all such transmissions clear and in the open and enforce that with penalties. Let's face it, F1 in the 21st century is much more complex than it has ever been, and the successful teams are much more specialized and sophisticated than people probably ever imagined. The one thing that hasn't changed is the fact that there is just one, human-limited person driving the car. It's just stupid to try and pretend that, for the driver, it might as well be 1980 or 1960. The car and the team are collecting immense amounts of information, some of which can be crucial to the outcome. The teams will always find ways to get important information to the drivers so the best thing to do would be to accept that and just ensure that the method isn't making the driver's job more difficult. Is this really just more about some BS myth that the driver does it all by themselves?