07-03-2008, 12:04 PM   #66
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
One question - what happened to the CS Concept?

Front = boring. Headlights look good wit LED assembly, but overall shape is too similar to current 7 series. Grilles look good but ugly set against such a flat/boring bumper.

Side = not too different from current model. side vents are only thing from CS Concept.

Rear = Very weird/japanese looking. Just as ugly as current 5 series lights. Improvement from current bulky/heavy looking rear from current 7.

Interior = stunning, but predictable. Looks like the new X5.

Overall = Doesnt look like it took any hints from the CS Concept. It seems to use current BMW design language and I can see things like the front bumper and rear lights being quite controversial. It's an improvement from current 7 but still disappointing. Real-life shots might look better I suspect. I also think it'll be better in real-life. I'll give final opinion then.
I agree WTF!

I'm so pissed right now. So fucking pissed. I mean, it's not horrible, but I was expecting to see those sexy CS-style taillights, and that front bumper, jeez.

The taillights are atrocious. If anything, in my opinion the rear's even uglier than the outgoing 7. The proportions look awkward from the side. Everything's too soft. What the hell did they do to those taillights?!

And the INTERIOR! Whyyyyy!!! Again, it looks way too similar, which isn't a good thing because even the outgoing A8/S-Class simply puts this to shame.

Waaay to go BMW. I'm gonna have to be quite impressed in person, because this is a major fuck up on your part.
Appreciate 0