View Single Post
      04-19-2024, 12:57 PM   #20
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by evomike View Post
modern cars do not have enough clear coat to do this, once you sand the issue off you are going to need to base coat the area for a quality repair. Saying you have done bodywork since 1989 doesn't mean squat if you do not update with the times and still fix cars like its the 80's.
Hey Philly, you don't know me, so reserve judgement or risk looking like an idiot.

I don't do bodywork full time anymore, but I know it quite well, and disagree with your statement. You literally have no idea how deep the clear is on that trunk, or how deep the issue is, so it's impossible for you to say, you're just speculating. Lastly, even if the clear was broken through (unlikely), as long as the paint doesn't have flake in it you can still clear over it, as long as you don't break through. As far as I'm aware, the frozen paint that BMW uses has no flake in it, but it's possible that rubbing it directly could cause the spot to be visible, so you'd have to spot-it anyway. Still better than blending 3 panels...
Appreciate 0