05-29-2016, 10:38 AM   #87
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh View Post
Only got a couple shots today of Yellowstone and Teton. Not a fan of either, foreign tourists everywhere...couldn't even get close enough to see anything cool. Even so, nothing impressive scenery-wise. Guess that happens when you've seen so many awesome places right before haha

On another note...caught speeding 79 in a 70 (I know, you all warned me not to speed, completely my fault).

Officer pulls up, "Do you have any idea how fast you were going?"

Me: Jokingly, "Apparently not fast enough because you caught up to me." *smile on my face*

Lieutenant Colonel Officer didn't appreciate my remark too much, immediate straight face and $92 fine haha

In DC, we can make a smart remark and make officers our bitches in 40 seconds of sweet talk...Utah, not so much
Last time i was touring around Yellowstone i got busted for speeding too. lol

This was a long time ago, as can be determined by the rental car which was a Ford Probe. The damn thing was governed to the hilt. It couldn't even spin a wheel in gravel. So i round the corner in the mountains and the road drops away into a steep down hill. I mash the throttle seeing if i could get around the car that was in front of me doing 5mph under the limit. As soon as i get back in front of the car i pass, a cop came around the corner in front of me.