08-05-2015, 01:52 AM   #2
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS7

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I have a relatively small home, but a quarter of an acre of land with a detached garage. I would like to ensure that I have proper coverage, no matter whether I'm working inside or outside.

I current have an Airport Extreme 6th Gen in my office, and one in my detached garage. Works well.

I also have a 4th Generation Airport Extreme, and an Airport Express laying around. Would it help if I hooked them all up in order to extend my coverage? Or would this only "confuse" the entire Wi-Fi network?
Depends how you plan on setting it up.

Back in my old place, our wireless coverage wasn't that great and we also had the entire house wired CAT6. So I bought two of the routers and made one connected to the modem as the main router and had the other one act as an access point. The access point plugged into the wall and wired back to the main router, ensuring a full and strong connection.

You can also set it up as en extender, which is when a router will find a specific Wi-Fi signal and extend the range. I don't like this method as much because I found it not to be as reliable in my scenario.
2014 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport [Sold]
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
Appreciate 0